CEDMC’s Industry Training Course: Energy Efficiency & Demand Response Policy in California
Wednesday, July 20, 2022
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM Pacific
Interactive Virtual Event
This half-day training from the Council is designed for California’s clean energy professionals interested in learning more about the state’s efficiency and demand management landscape. It will raise your policy IQ and deliver career-building insights to demystify California’s policies related to energy efficiency (EE), demand response (DR) and distributed energy resources (DERs).
Training will include:
- Brief History of EE in California
- History and Role of California’s EM&V
- Evolution of DR and DERs: History, Perspectives & Future Trends
- Policy Overview and Practical Tools for Staying Informed
We will provide an overview from the very early days of energy “conservation” starting in the 1980’s and continuing on through deregulation, to the beginnings of DR during the 2000/2001 energy crisis, the evolution of EE, DR, and all behind-the-meter DERs over the last 10 years, and finally up to today’s climate-induced grid challenges.
Our aim is to inform as to how major events during the past four decades have influenced the policy landscape of today. We will define and dive into pending or recently decided policies and legislation that impact your job in the energy efficiency and demand response industries.
We have lined up a great team of industry veterans to lead the sessions:
- Ann McCormick, Brief History of EE in California
- Ed Vine, History and Role of California’s EM&V
- Greg Wikler, Evolution of DR and DERs: History, Perspectives & Future Trends
- Clark McIsaac, Policy Overview and Practical Tools for Staying Informed
We encourage Council members and our industry partners (regulators, utilities, CCAs, RENs, academics, and non-profits) to strongly consider sending staff who are newer to the efficiency and demand management space. It will be time well spent!
- $75- Members
- $100 – Non-Members
- $25 – Utility/REN/CCA/State & Federal Agencies
- Free – Non-Profits, Academics, and Students
25% Bundle Discount! Buy 6 or more tickets and receive 25% off total purchase (Member and Non-Member categories only). Registration includes the discount category, no need for a code.
For questions, please email email@example.com.