Energy Efficiency for Everyone: Delivering Savings to All Communities
As California sets ambitious climate goals and the energy efficiency portfolio evolves to third-party programs, this panel will explore what is needed to ensure our most vulnerable and hardest-to-reach communities fully benefit from these policies. Hear panelists from our agencies, nonprofits, and market actors on their efforts and what would help them advance savings to all of California’s communities.
- Michelle Vigen, Senior Policy Manager, The Council (Moderator)
- Julia Hatton, Director of Strategy Development and Policy, Rising Sun Energy Center
- Alana Mathews, Public Adviser, California Energy Commission
- Carmelita Miller, Greenlining Institute
- Bruce Ray, Johns Manville
- Maria Stamas, NRDC (EEFA)
(E)M&V in 2019 and Beyond – Roles, Goals and New Player Evaluation Responsibilities
Join us for a look into the future of (E)M&V in California. A proliferation of data has led to new roles for many of our State’s energy efficiency players. Regulators, utilities, implementers and evaluators will discuss their roles in the new energy efficiency program landscape and share how they plan to ensure that savings are being captured in the new mix of utility and third party program offerings. Panelists will look at how the players will work together to ensure that the right data is being collected, analyzed and reported to ensure that world-class programs are in place for California’s Energy Customers.
- Robert Kasman, Principal, Energy Efficiency Research and Evaluation, PG&E (Moderator)
- Ehud Abadi, Senior Project Manager, Southern California Edison
- Melanie Gillette, Senior Policy Director, The Council
- Brad Kates, CEO, Opinion Dynamics Corporation
- James Russell, CLEAResult
Community Choice Aggregation and California’s Clean Energy Future
New players have joined the landscape in the last several years, and we invite them to join us to discuss the progress they are making and their plans for the future. This panel will provide an opportunity for us to hear from the CCA leaders as they share their successes and challenges implementing policies and programs to support the State’s energy efficiency and decarbonization goals.
- Ann McCormick, Vice President, Willdan (Moderator)
- Dawn Weisz, CEO, MCE
- Girish Balachandran, CEO, Silicon Valley Clean Energy
- Nick Chaset, CEO, East Bay Clean Energy
California Utility Perspectives on the Path to 2030
California’s course toward a bold, new energy future is being scouted and mapped by a broad array of policymakers and market participants, including our California’s course toward a bold, new energy future is being scouted and mapped by a broad array of policymakers and market participants, including our energy utilities. Investor-owner and municipal utilities have already begun taking giant steps to implement California’s overarching policy vision and to align their business and customer strategies to match. In this panel, we will hear from the utility leaders directly responsible for re-imagining how their companies value, procure and put energy efficiency and demand management to productive use on the path to 2030. [Note: Panelists will not discuss any details about ongoing competitive solicitations.]
- Gene Rodrigues, Vice President, ICF (Moderator)
- Michael Bushey, Director, Customer Programs & Services, Southern California Edison
- David Jacot, P.E., Director of Efficiency Solutions, Los Angeles Department of Water & Power
- Dan Rendler or Darren Hanway, Southern California Gas
Speakers and topics are being added daily, check back on this page for updates!