- Commissioner Andrew McAllister, California Energy Commission (CEC)
Win, Lose or Draw? Advancing Energy Efficiency in the Age of Trump
- Kateri Callahan, President, Alliance to Save Energy
Ready? Set? Shift!
This panel will explore the rapidly emerging opportunities for demand side resources in a world where traditional demand response resources are being asked to solve more complex issues on our grid.
- Moderator: Melanie Gillette, Senior Policy Director, California Efficiency + Demand Management Council
- Speaker: Scott McGaraghan, Head of Energy Product Development, Nest Labs
- Speaker: Ken Schisler, Vice President of Regulatory and Government Affairs, EnerNOC
- Speaker: Jon Wellinghoff, CEO and Founder, Policy/DER Consulting and former FERC Commissioner
Driving DER Integration
California is rapidly advancing efforts to integrate distributed energy resources (DERs) into a variety of transmission and distribution operations. As these efforts progress, many important policies and initiatives are being developed to ensure the viability of DERs going forward. This panel will explore the important progress that is being made here in California and also other regions of the country.
- Moderator: Greg Wikler, Managing Director, Navigant
- Speaker: Haik Movsesian, P.E., Electrical Engineering Associate, Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Speaker: Angela Paton, Advisor to Commissioner Burns, Arizona Corporation Commission
- Speaker: Snuller Price, Senior Partner, Energy and Environmental Economics, Inc. (E3)
- Speaker: Elizabeth Stuart, Electricity Markets and Policy Group, Energy Analysis and Environmental Impacts Department, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Diggin’ our Data
This panel will feature multiple perspectives on how energy efficiency and demand response organizations are digging through the data from our advanced metering infrastructure to identify energy savings, integrate different types of resources, meet customer engagement goals and achieve the benefits for our future grid.
- Moderator: Carmen Henrikson, Associate Vice President, Strategy, TRC
- Speaker: Chris Carradine, Vice President, Business Development, ecobee
- Speaker: Eliot Crowe, Program Manager, Building Technology and Urban Systems Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Speaker: Matt Johnson, Vice President, Business Development, EnergyHub
- Speaker: Sarah Norris, Director of Client Solutions, EnergySavvy
- Speaker: McGee Young, Head of Product, Open Energy Efficiency
The Future of EM&V: Which part of the elephant are you touching?
What does the future hold for EM&V (or M&V for that matter!)? This panel will explore different perspective on the ideal role for EM&V in the future – and what issues will be most important to watch.
- Moderator: Valerie Richardson, Senior Principal Consultant, DNV-GL
- Speaker: Eugene Ayuyao, Senior Manager of Commercial Market Segments and Locational Resource Contracts, Southern California Edison
- Speaker: Lauren Casentini, President, Resource Innovations
- Speaker: Robert Kasman, Principal, Energy Efficiency Research and Evaluation, PG&E
- Speaker: Robert Strauss, Manager, Energy Efficiency Branch, Energy Division, California Public Utilities Commission
Delivering on Energy Efficiency’s Promise: What the CPUC is doing.
- Commissioner Carla Peterman, California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
Art Rosenfeld Lifetime Achievement Award
- Recipient: Ralph Cavanagh, Co-Director, Energy Program, NRDC
Networking Happy Hour