The California Efficiency + Demand Management Council is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Council is committed to addressing and promoting diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization and more broadly for our industry. We recognize that racial injustice remains a problem in our country, and we have pledged to address racial diversity and social equity issues.
We have established a Board-level Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Committee – the committee’s purpose is to develop Council programs and initiatives that foster an action-oriented culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Our DE&I committee developed a 2021 action plan, which will:
- Conduct best practice research and data collection from members
- Nominate a board slate that reflects racially diverse candidates
- Enhance member services to include DE&I information and resources
- Develop strategic partnerships to broaden member services
- Review member categories and propose additional designations
https://diversitytoolkit.com (Diversity Tool Kit – The Changing Utilities Workforce)
https://nudc.com (National Utilities Diversity Council)